Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Terrific Support System


WEDNESDAY, MAY 26, 2010 9:12 AM, MST
I am so incredibly blessed to have such a terrific support system. I am amazed by the people who have and continue to reach out to me in various ways to express their care, friendship, and encouragement. I recognize just how fortunate I am because of my crisis work at Terros where the majority of clients we help have minimal of anything at best. I know that my recovery is going as well as it is because of so many people from near and far who have been rallying around me. 

I am especially thankful to my parents. They have always been such a pillar of strength and their unwavering support and love have pulled me through all of this. I am so appreciative to Bruce, Carolyn, and Nancy for meeting me at the hospital, encouraging me before I went in to get prepped for surgery, and somehow managing to make me laugh! More importantly, they stayed and kept my parents company at the hospital the rest of the day. That means more to me than you can ever imagine. I can’t even begin to think I know what my parents were feeling so thank you very much! Thank you to those of you who were able to stop by the hospital: my parents (whom it seems never really left), Bruce and the kids, Christie, Nancy, Carolyn and her daughter, Christina, Sonja, Dianne, Gail, Jan, and Rob who sprinted to my room just as I was gathering my things for discharge. Special thanks to Dianne for driving me home from the hospital. Hats off to Nancy for updating my blog. Thank you to Christie for organizing meals and for those who have taken the time to make sure our tummies stay full: Peggy, Melinda, Christie, Sonja, and Christie’s mom. Thanks to: Dean for being there for my first walk outside, Julie for giving me my first shower at home and delivering some groceries yesterday, Peggy for driving the kids to school in the morning, Melinda for calling our church and scheduling home ministry, Bruce’s mom (Ann) for flying out here from Michigan to help the past week, Bruce’s Aunt Mimi for helping Ann and for driving the kids home from school when it got a bit too hot, Bruce’s Aunt Katrina (in MI) who has been one of my biggest cheerleaders, and my partner, Lupe for his trips to the hospital with me in the week leading up to the surgery! Thank you to friends who asked their friends or relatives in other parts of the country to say the rosary or light a candle for me especially on the day of surgery. Like anything else in life, until you are that person who is in need it’s difficult to comprehend the impact of such gestures. My recovery is going as well as it is because each of you have reached out to me in your own way and been a piece of the puzzle in helping me renew my strength physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment