Sunday, July 11, 2010

Home Health Care Team Set


  • TUESDAY, MAY 25, 2010 4:41 PM, MST
    I had such a productive day. It was a whirlwind of activity. My entire home health care team from Banner is now in place and it is so comforting to have such competent professionals to keep me on track (unfortunately, it's not the running track, just yet). My home health aide came yesterday and helped me shower. That was a humbling experience. My OT, PT, and nurse were all here today. I think the PT, in particular, caught on pretty quickly that he needs to keep me under tight wraps especially after I asked him how long he thought it might be before I can go to the gym.....to start lifting upper body weights. Hey, it was a legitimate question. I never expected I'd be given the go-ahead anytime real soon. The PT walked outside with me and gave me numerous leg exercises for homework. He tried to drive home the point that slow, steady progress through walking and the exercises he gives me should be my focal point over these next few months. Got it. He'll be back Thursday for another workout. The OT was particularly reassuring in guiding me on the use/restrictions of my upper body. Tomorrow, I have my post-op appointment with my surgeon. It'll be my first trip out since leaving the hospital. It's a starting point.....
    Bruce's mom left today to fly home. It was anything but a vacation for her as she was kept busy, busy, busy. We all enjoyed having her out here and helped her celebrate her 76th birthday on Sunday. I know that was especially enjoyable for the kids. Much appreciation to you, Ann, for playing such an active role in my recovery! 
     

  • TUESDAY, MAY 25, 2010 10:19 AM, MST
    I have a busy, busy day set up. Mom and I already took our walk--increasing the distance but still not far enough to pull out my Garmin for a true measurement. My nurse, OT, and PT are all set to show up throughout the rest of the day. Lucky them :) Much more later. Make it a heart healthy day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment