Saturday, July 17, 2010

Rebuilding my Life


FRIDAY, JULY 16, 2010 9:29 AM, MST
Thanks to my friends, I'm continuing to plug myself into the outside world....ever so slowly. Last week, Melinda called and said our church's religious education program was still in need of a fourth grade teacher. She wondered if I may be interested. My kids have been in St. Steven's RE program since its inception, I've helped Melinda a few times in her third grade class, and I've wanted to co-teach a class for the last several years but have been too symptomatic. This opportunity seemed to come at a perfect time. It would help build my physical stamina and in turn regain some self-confidence. Yet, I still harbored the fear that I may lack the motivation and energy level to prepare for and co-teach the 1.5 hour class every Wednesday. After some thought and much prayer, I decided that the only thing standing in the way was my fear. So, I decided that the only way to conquer that fear was to embrace the opportunity! Teachers had their initial meeting at church yesterday and planning begins for the classes which start the first week in August. Kyle is actually in the fifth grade (RE) class on Wednesdays and Katrina will be going to RE class on Sundays following the 5 p.m. mass. So, Katrina has already volunteered to be an aide in my class on Wednesdays. I've really learned that it's opportunities like this to become actively involved in your kid's lives that you can't put a price tag on, and so, there's no time like the present. Thanks, Melinda for thinking of me!

This week, I began riding the stationary bike at the gym for 15:00 intervals. Walking on the treadmill is getting monotonous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment