Saturday, July 17, 2010

Getting Back on Track


FRIDAY, JULY 9, 2010 1:50 PM, MST
I gave into peer pressure last night. Actually, it's better than it sounds. My (running) friend, Christina had persuaded me to go to track practice, and so I gave in. Although I was a bit uncertain about my stamina, especially given the heat, I'm so grateful Christina gave me the nudge I needed. Getting lots of hugs, words of encouragement and support, and being with many of my friends whom I've logged hundreds if not thousands of hours and miles with over the years was so therapeutic. They're like my extended family. Going to the track feels so natural and brings me an element of peace but the experience is always made more powerful by the presence of good friends. Oh, for those inquiring minds, i have not yet started trying to run due strictly to the discomfort of my incision. Trust me, you will all know when that happens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment