Friday, July 16, 2010

I Need Relief!


SUNDAY, MAY 30, 2010 10:10 AM, MST
After coming down with a low-grade temp (100.9) yesterday and going three days without any relief from my pain killer (my chest bone felt as though the saw was still stuck in the middle of it and the thought of updating my blog was painful), I spoke with the on-call cardiothoracic surgeon last night. I know from experience that the low-grade temp isn't uncommon post-surgery, but I learned that if the temp exceeds 101.5 then medical treatment may be necessary. As for the bone pain, he told me to take 600 mg ibuprofen in addition to my pain killer. I woke up this morning pain free but not without discomfort which I guess is still to be expected. I know that in the beginning of the week I began testing the waters by using my upper body and my body spoke to me loud and clear. I hope everyone has an enjoyable holiday weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment