Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Three Month Op Update


TUESDAY, AUGUST 3, 2010 7:18 PM, MST
Twelve weeks post-surgery, I'm still bumping into people who tell me how much better I look: more color in my face, don't look as tired, don't have that grayish undertone. I appreciate hearing such comments because they're encouraging. I just have one question:  If my appearance now reflects how terrific I feel post-surgery, I wonder if I truly looked as horrible as I felt pre-surgery? I think I know the answer.

I'm continuing to make strides in my physical strength which is easy to do given where I started out. I logged four miles for the first time today on the treadmill. I am now able to run half-a-mile at a 10:30 or so pace....not blazing speed so I guess I'm actually only jogging. I've been running every third day but am going to try every other day because I'm not experiencing any discomfort of my incision either when I'm running or afterwards! I can't even begin to tell you what a relief it is not to have any lingering discomfort! I'm also continuing to increase my time on the bike and elliptical, the latter of which is actually my favorite given that it simulates running so much. Overall, I'm extremely happy with the progress I'm making, and I never take for granted that I'm feeling better than I have in years. There's such an enormous number of people who, over the last four years, have played a role, whether large or small, in getting me to this point in my journey. I'll always be thankful to each one of them, to each one of you, because as a result I can continue to tell my story.

What are you going to do today for YOUR heart? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment