Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cardiologist Visit


WEDNESDAY, JULY 28, 2010 8:48 PM, MST
I saw my cardiologist, Dr. Heuser, this morning for the first time post-bypass. He walked into the room with a huge smile asking, "How's my favorite patient?" :) I think we were both happy to see each other after going through such a traumatic procedure. Based on my physical exam, everything looks great....blood pressure (111/69), heart rate (61), healing of incision so that's a tremendous relief. I am to remain on my same regimen of meds. I'll return to his office in four months for a nuclear stress test and a chest x-ray. He noted that it'll take 6-8 months for the chest wall to completely heal. This first year post-bypass is critical not only for the healing of the chest bone but to make it through without any blockages or scarring that would need stenting. If I can get through next May without any heart crises then my long-term prognosis will look bright. We are both optimistic that I'll sail through the next 10 months without any incidents. In the meantime, I can continue to resume running and working out, and in two more weeks, can slowly begin increasing my upper body weights. Doctor's orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment