Sunday, July 11, 2010

A World of Difference


  • SATURDAY, MAY 22, 2010 2:18 PM, MST
    I have to be honest that the most challenging part of this recovery is my inability to do much of anything! The movement of my upper body is quite restricted and so thankfully family and friends have been so patient and willing to wait on me, run errands, deliver meals, you name it. That's hard because, as all moms can attest to, we are so accustomed to waiting on others. So, I am really having to force myself to remember that my chest bone was literally sawed in half (Kyle still wants to know if the saw was motorized), and that, according to the surgeon, 90% of the recovery will take three months. Yikes. I don't think push-ups will be in order any time soon much less running.  

  • SATURDAY, MAY 22, 2010 7:52 AM, MST
    Several people have asked me if I feel any different since the surgery other than of course feeling as if a freight train ran over me a dozen times! The answer to that question is a resounding YES! I absolutely feel a difference! After every stent has been placed and most definitely now, I feel and sense my heart beating strong and loud. It's so invigorating to notice such a remarkable improvement. Until you actually experience this, it's probably hard to even imagine. My chest feels lighter, I don't have that constant shortness of breath, and at times, I already have (short) bursts of energy that gives me renewed hope. I've sometimes felt like the energizer bunny between having all of the stents placed, but I am so fortunate to have yet another chance at living!!

No comments:

Post a Comment