Friday, July 16, 2010

Nothing Beats Good Healthy


SUNDAY, JUNE 6, 2010 10:22 AM, MST
Growing up, I remember my parents telling me on occasion that nothing is more important than having good health. That statement always baffled me because I wondered how they could say something like that at a time when my mom tried to create as many different meals as she could from Kraft mac & cheese. My parents worked multiple jobs to send Lisa and me to Catholic schools. Wouldn't they have preferred to have lots of money over having good health? It wasn't until Lisa was diagnosed in January 2006 with breast cancer and I was diagnosed in September 2006 with heart disease that I grasped the gravity of my parent's statement. Now, I find myself passing along that message to Katrina and Kyle. Unfortunately, I speak those words from the heart (no real pun intended there). Fortunately, I'm alive to share that message with my children and anyone else who will listen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment