Friday, July 9, 2010

"I Run...."


WEDNESDAY, MAY 12, 2010 6:56 AM, MST
My friend and running partner, Jan and I bought the same t-shirt at the Iron Girl running expo this past winter. I want to share the words on the shirt because it sums up my passion for running and it's guaranteed to make you chuckle:

"I Run....for the love of it, for sanity, for ice cream, to keep up with my kids, to be fast, for my health, to eat, to hurt, to find myself, to be happy, to be fit, to look darn good in my jeans, to stay young, because i can, for chocolate, so that boys can't catch me, to be outdoors, because my friends make me, to sweat, for inspiration, so my butt does not grow, to get places, to feel the wind on my face, to be a role model, to appreciate life....for myself" (and of course, my heart!)
 
To all my running friends: its been quite some time (since Tucson marathon December 2008) that I've been able to really train with any of you. I so very much miss getting to the track once or twice a week, watching the sun rise while tackling those killer hills on San Juan road, meeting at the canal on weekend morning and knockin' off those miles, planning our race schedules, getting up way before the crack of dawn for the summer series 5k races, battling through those nasty speed/strength workouts in the middle of Phoenix summer heat, leading the pack on a track interval, and sweaty hugs...but most of all, I just miss seeing everyone! As Dean and I have each been saying now for quite some time, "I'm comin' back!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment