Friday, July 16, 2010

Getting Pain Under Control


TUESDAY, JUNE 1, 2010 2:50 PM, MST
My OT and nurse visited this morning. They convinced me to get on a regular schedule of pain med + 600 mg ibuprofen to try and get ahead of this pain from the incision down my chest bone (the scar measures 6-1/4"). So, I began that this morning. My nurse will stop by on Friday so we can re-evaluate the effectiveness of the med. 

Tomorrow is the last day of school for Katrina and Kyle. I'm hoping to be feeling well enough to have my mom drop me off at the kid's school (CTA-Independence) for the last 30-45 minutes. I'd like to thank their teachers in person and hopefully track down the principal, Nancy Branch, to give her a hug. She's been a fantastic part of my support system, and I'm so thankful to her.

Where did the day go? The vicodin certainly has a calming effect, which I guess is the whole point, so I haven't strayed too far from the couch. Remember to be kind to your heart......it can be as simple as taking a few deep breaths. Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment