Thursday, July 8, 2010

At Peace


SATURDAY, MAY 8, 2010 3:00 PM, MST
I am very much at peace with the decision to have this surgery. I believe that my tens of thousands of miles of running over 30+ years has been to prepare me both physically and mentally for Tuesday. My heart as a muscle is in tip-top shape and I guess I my running achievements haven't come without a whole bunch of mental toughness. I believe that my sister, Lisa has been holding my hand since her passing and she remains my biggest source of inspiration and courage.

I spent the day getting my hair cut which just happened to be previously scheduled....timing is everything, I stocked up on a few things at one of my favorites, Costco, and am trying to get a few items knocked off my To Do list. Mostly, I'm catching up with friends and hanging out with the kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment