Sunday, July 11, 2010

First Full Day Home


TUESDAY, MAY 18, 2010 1:02 PM, MST
It's me! I'm back! Wahoo! What a journey.....could not have gotten through it all without the prayers, support, and love from each one of you. This is the first time I've gotten on the blog since leaving Thursday morning for the hospital and I'm in awe of the number of visits. I am so looking forward to reading each one of your messages over the coming days....I'll have to have that kleenex box close by. Ill be giving you brief, and hopefully sometimes humorous updates on a daily basis as I may also use this as a mode of "call for help" if needed. 
Dianne swooped right in this morning and took care of business for me: dispensing meds, phone calling, odds & ends stuff that this tired body of mine just isn't up for yet. Then Dean, without missing a beat, stopped by to make sure I got in my daily workout. He accompanied me on my first outside walk, and hey, we made it three homes down and back. Mind you there was an incline, o.k. a very slight incline on the way out, but you know it was down hill on the turn around. That did me in! Nap time........
I have so many people to thank and will do that in time, but I really want to tip my hat to Nancy Keane, a very dear friend of mine who has been providing you with the most accurate and up-to-the minute news. I met Nancy when I started volunteering for the American Heart Association in 2006. She is the PR director for the AHA and former news reporter here in the Valley so I had the most confidence in her abilities. Couldn't have picked anyone more appropriate for the assignment. My heartfelt thanks to you not just for the updates, but for being there the day of my surgery, your visits, and all of your constant support, words of encouragement, and love. P.S., Nancy: I think you're now officially off the hook :) Lov ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment